It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.
Suggested Post: my response